In computer networking, your hostname is used as a label by which to identify your physical server.
To change the server’s hostname, you should use one of the following methods:
Enter your hostname in the Setup Networking section of WHM’s Initial Setup Wizard interface.
Login to WHM Change Host name interface
(Home >> Networking Setup >> Change Hostname).
Call WHM API 1’s sethostname function.
Run the /usr/local/cpanel/bin/set_hostname utility as the root user.
Hostname Should meet the below requirements:
A fully qualified domain name
Registered with a registrar.
Follows the instructions in the Instructions section.
Perform the below details to change your Host name
- Enter your hostname into the New Hostname text box.
- Click Change. A popup window will appear that prompts you to add an A entry.
- Click Add An A Entry for your hostname.
- Review the information about your server and, if it is correct, click Add Entry.
System will automatically configure the hostname and Also add the correct A entry for hostname.
- Don’t use socially-unacceptable hostname, as hostname will appear in mail headers.
- Only use lowercase, Latin-script letters in hostnames.